So many of us are so busy these days that by the time we get to the end of the day, making dinner seems like a task tantamount to climbing Mt Everest. You’re tired. You’re stomach is growling. You do not have the time or energy to make a meal from scratch. Before you head to the drive-thru or start dialing your favorite take-out place, think about this. You can make a meal at home in about the same time and using about the same energy. The upside? You will make a much healthier meal and keep a lot more money in your pocket. If you keep a few simple ingredients on hand, you can easily put together a tasty soup in no time. Here’s how!
Souper Fast and Easy Dinner
- Choose frozen vegetables. They are pre-chopped and ready to go. No need to thaw beforehand – just dump them in the pot!
- Add beans for extra nutrition. Canned beans will do, but remember, frozen beans are more economical.
- If you really want meat in your soup, a quick option is to use frozen, diced ham. It can actually go right into the pot frozen since it is already cooked.
- Add some stock in a box. You’ll get the best price at Aldi. This is a shelf-stable product so keep some in the pantry at all times.
- Add some dried herbs and spices to taste.
- Stir. Put the lid on and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Go change your clothes. Check the mail. Eat dinner!
- Some crackers or bread will make this a filling, healthy and frugal meal.
Add to change purse.